The Young Artists Conference is usually at the end of May or the beginning of June. Please visit the site regularly for updates.
Throughout the Year
- Collect artwork from students for consideration. Some schools have a special spot for their Young Artists portfolio, and they store potential pieces in it until their school’s adjudication.
- Collect artwork until end of February
- Feb 22 – 26
- Collect, adjudicate, and mount artwork 1 week before mail goes to HGEC
- 5 days before mail: all artwork collected
- 4 days before mail: adjudicate and select based on school quotas using staff committee (see Adjudication Tips)
- 3 days before mail: mount artwork (see Mounting the Work) and work with students to submit artist statements to Google Doc (see artist statement criteria)
- 2 days before mail: put artwork into portfolio
- 1 day before: CELEBRATE!!! You’re ready!!
- Artwork due to HGEC by March 5
- March 8 – 12
- student permission slips (including media consent form) returned to their schools with cheques for fees and t-shirts
- these must be made payable to School District 73– please do not send cheques from parents of participating students to the Arts Education Coordinator’s office
- Friday, March 26 (deadline): the following must be sent to the Arts Education Coordinator at the Henry Grube Education Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Online student registration form completed for each participant https://forms.gle/sHQKb3woZGpca4PU7
- a single school cheque payable to School District 73 for $15 per student registered – this covers the registration fee and Young Artists t-shirt
- June 14: Young Artists Committee and student presentation at School Board Meeting – includes students whose works have been selected for SBO display
“I like to make art because I can express myself and show my creativity.” –Kaitlyn G.