- Artwork can be done in any 2-D medium. It can also be done in 3-D media, but must fit within a 30 cm x 30 cm space (12″x12″) because of display constraints.
- All students in grades 4 to 7 can enter.
- The artwork may be created at school or at home, but should reflect student voice. No work from outside art programs can be entered.
- All artworks should be original; you cannot copy images, or trace someone else’s work e.g. tracing or re-drawing a digital image off the internet.
- Re-interpretations or re-imaginations are acceptable (re-imagining Van Gogh’s “Starry Night”).
- Artwork should be unique. Try something different; be creative and inventive!
- Artwork may be an extension of what has been taught in class, but not a duplicate of a teacher’s or other student’s work.
- Artwork should not be doctored or cropped by someone else to fit an adult’s vision.
- Please ensure that the work selected from your school is varied.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“I like to make art because it is fun and if makes me feel happy…. I enjoy expressing myself through my artwork….I am inspired by my Grandfather who also paints with water colours.” – Denae B.